Sunday, May 24, 2009

going goth


an art friend of mine is having a whimsy goth girl swap for artist trading cards. in my goodie bag from my friend, cathy, that i mentioned in an earlier post she had sent me another stamp. isn't that face stamp adorable? i can't believe she parted with it. i will use it quite a bit i am sure. of course i did alter it a little bit but it works for a goth face pretty well i think.

it's been a few posts since i shared how i made something so here are the directions:

i took a piece of printed cardstock as my base for the background of the atc. i ripped a piece of page out of an old book and painted with acrylic paints in green, blue and purple. i used a large circle punch to punch out a piece of light yellow cardstock which i painted with yellow and orange arcylic paints in a fast moving swirling pattern. i took a piece of scrap brown printed paper and stamped a measuring stamp on it. when all those pieces were dry i assembled them otop of the original sized atc background. after they were adhered i took a small background circle/dot stamp and stamped everywhere except the sun. then i edged the atc with my favorite chalk box brown ink to add the vintage feel that i love so much. to make the goth girl i stamped the face on two different printed cardstocks. i used the lightest printed cardstock for the actual face. i cut the complete face shape out and then colored the face with markers. i took the darker cardstock that i stamped another face shape on but only cut out the inside part of the hair and layered that on top for a dimensional look. i cut out a random dress shape from some scrap paper and then assembled the girl. i added the black dresden edge as a last minute thought.

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! What a great goth face. And love the way you have done the background too. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good golly miss molly--so that's how you do what you do!
    glad you are enjoying the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is wonderful! Thanks for sharing all your techniques with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's just about the most adorable little goth I've ever seen. I really enjoyed reading about the process. Information I can use!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well...she is just delightful...and thanks for the tips and technique too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Miss RocStar, visiting your blog makes me really miss being home and being able to make something after my usual dose of RocStar inspiration. You inspire me so much. You get my creative juices flowing with your beautiful style. So, today I visit and browse through your last several posts and fins myself very homesick! Maybe I can store up all of this creative inspiration and really knock some pieces out when I get home!

    No one had to slap me. I'm here safe and sound. I'll be inconsistent but I'll be popping in off and on and harassing you over the next couple of weeks. Thank you for your good wishes - they help more than you know. To have Roc thinkin' about me and pullin' for me is a pretty powerful thing!

    marsha

    ReplyDelete