Friday, September 25, 2015

week 40 daily planner

week 40 prompt - are you spiteful?
this week's prompt was brought on talking about how spiteful i use to be.  the old adage, "you'll cut off your nose to spite your face" was probably said about me.  heavens forbid you'd tell me no.  that would surely get my dander up and i'd do what ever you told me not to do just out of spite.  i'm not proud of that personality trait, but it is the truth about who i was.  i think i've mellowed over the years which has allowed me some wiggle room to say i'm better.  i will admit, however, that to this day, i still don't like to be told "no".  i'd like to think i'm a bit more mature and wouldn't be so spiteful as to go ahead and do it anyway, but there are some who know me that may find cause to argue.  i continue to work on it, always striving for a kinder, gentler roc to emerge,  but just to be on the safe side - if you are talking to me - refrain from using the word no.

what about you?  are you spiteful?

1 comment: